Friday, September 30, 2011

Fur Mommy

I have to wake up at 4am to go to work (ahh!), I should be going to sleep but I wanted to put some pictures up of our fur-baby!

This is Lilly! She is two years old. We adopted her March of '09 from the shelter when she was just 11 weeks old. She is very playful and loves car trips and toys... as you can see, her baby is on the floor next to her feet. We have no idea what kind of dog she is, we have heard mini greyhound..?? We have been looking to get her a friend... but we just can't find the right dog to fit into our family. She has decided she would like a little brother or sister though :D . She LOVES babies, she is so sweet and gentle and kind with them. We think she would of been a great mom, but the shelter made us get her fixed :((

She comforts me when Nate is at work over night. She cuddles me when I cry and makes me laugh. She is my best buddy!

When she was just a few months old, we found out that Lilly Bug had parvo. She had to stay at the vets for days to get treatment.. They didn't think she would live... Mom and dad were very sad. But she pulled through and when we brought her home we had tons of new toys for her including a stuffed loofa dog that was 3 times the size she was!

Her favorite place to go is Memphis..yep. We took her on vacation there once. We stayed in a Hilton on the 30th floor with windows from the floor to the ceiling... She loved to look out that window.

I don't know how, but she always seems to know what is going on. When I was pregnant in January/February she loved to lay her head on my belly, maybe it was coincidence? And then when I was having a miscarriage she never let me out of her sight, she stayed right on my tummy. She seemed more upset than we did.

She is our Lilly, (Lilly Bug, Lilly Bo, Lilly Boo Sue, sometimes we even call her nugget). We love her so much and I couldn't imagine my life without her!!!

1 comment: